Hola Mi Familia!!!
Como Esta!!! How is the most wonderful family doing thank you for all your emails wishing me a happy birthday they ALL mean so so much to me!!
It will be fun to turn 22 in Costa Rica! It is weird to think, I turned 21 in Jerusalem and now another birthday in another country!! LOL!! But I am not sure what I am going to do. Our little cook lady said to come over Wednesday night so I am not sure! But here in Costa Rica on your birthday they crack eggs on your head. So everyone in the ward tells me that I need to get ready because I will have 22 eggs on my head this Wednesday!! I don't know why they do it. It is just a tradition!! LOL!!
But I am not sure but I won't get my packages until the end of the month because they are in San Jose and I am not going down there till the end of the month but hopefully my leaders are and they will bring them to me! But as soon as I do I will let you know. You guys are so great thanks!!!
So this week has been good, a little easier but still adjusting!! We have been tracking alot and found a couple of families who are pura vida!! So hopefully they will want to learn more!! We have been working so hard and yes my Spanish is improving a lot. Still not great but getting better!! I have to talk so much more, so that is wonderful and a blessing. I know the Lord has been blessing me and walking with me these last two weeks!!
My interview with the president went well. He is awesome! I love him so much and his wife. He is so Christlike. I am so blessed to have him as my president but... so my companion finishes her mission in October but the problem is? there isn't cambios in October so she would get changed in November. But the mission president has decided to send the people who are leaving in October home in September now, at the end of the month, so once again I will have another companion in this area that I will have to show around! crazy huh!?! Heavenly Father sure thinks I can do this huh!¿! lol No I can! It will be hard because my companion will be new but I will know the area so much better!!
So crazy story. So it is their winter here and it rains everyday!! And on Saturday it was a little chilly in the morning so I wore a little jacket thing but by the afternoon it was so hot so we went home to change just for a second and while we were in the house it started to pour! not just rain but pour like buckets full of water. For about 1 hour and guess what our apartment was completely full of water!! We opened the door and it was a river flowing through our house!!!! It was crazy! all we could do was laugh and of course take pictures and the outside was full of water! it was crazy! I have never seen so much water. It was crazy but good thing we were home, that we got everything up off the floor, so nothing got ruined. So it was a blessing in disguise that we went home when we did!! So I will send picture!!
But one sad thing this week is we didn't have investigators at church this week which is always hard my first time because they were either sick or didn't answer the phone which is discouraging. But I know the Lord will help us and next week we will have so many!!
I am really starting to love it here!! At times it is hard and I want to give up but then I think of my Savior and remember that he never gave up! When he asked if it would be thy will let this cup pass from me he said but NEVERTHELESS thy will be done. I Love that word NEVERTHELESS! He had the power to not Atone for our sins but he loved us. And everyday when It is hard, I remember these words nevertheless and go out and work and love the people as Christ would love the people. I have come to know my Savior so much more personally this last year and I know I will come to know him even better this next year!! Because this is His work and His glory and I am just an instrument in his hands. And I want to work so so hard to pay back all that he has given me!!!
I know that this gospel is true. I know and testify that Christ lives and loves us! His atonement is real and when we use it everyday we are showing how much we love him!!!
I love being a missionary!! Keep me in your prayers because I pray for you everyday!!
I love you so so so much!!! And miss you more than I can possible say!!! But these next 14 months will fly by!!! I love you!!
Love always and forever!! Hermana Turnabugh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment