HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAREN DEAR!!!! FELIZ CUMPLEANOS MI HERMANO!!! YO DESEO QUE USTED TENGA UN CUMPLEANO MARVILLIOSA!!!! I love you Brother!!! I think about you all the time and I try to serve my mission like you served yours!!!! Thanks for your example to me and always being my big brother love you!!!
Hola Familia!!
How is the best family doing!!! I miss you all so much!! This week has been great and cambios went really really well!!
So last time I wrote you we were waiting for a bus to go to San Jose and well we finally got a bus to San Jose at 6 pm so we didn’t arrive in san Jose until 10 pm that night. And yes Hermana Almengor missed her final everything her dinner and testimony. She was pretty sad but pretty nervous to be going home. Her flight left the next morning at 4am so so early!! But she wrote me today and says that she is doing really well!! So once we got to president’s house I met my new companion and she is GREAT!! I really love her! She is from Honduras and is so much like Hermana Vega!!! And guess what the weird thing is she was Hermana Vegas first greenie and I was Hermana’s last greenie weird huh? So we are really actually like sisters, because we have the same mom!! But she goes home in December so I am not sure how long I will be with her, maybe only for this cambio or till December! I dont know. I hope longer because I think we will get along so well together!! She knows perfect English so she has been really helping me to get my spanish down because she can explain in English why they do that or why they say that, so it has been helping me!! I feel I am going to grow so much this cambio and I am so excited because I want to be a great missionary and I can’t say oh I will learn later because I am new, because I am not anymore, in Nov 5th I will have 6 months in my mission and in the mission for a sister to have 6 months, you are old lol!!! But yes I love Hermana Vallenllncio she is awesome!! I really love people from Honduras they are very warm and loving people!!
So the rest of the week after we returned from San Jose it has been great! We are working hard and trying to find investigators BECAUSE we don’t really have any right now, but we both have faith and great goals to accomplish them. And I know and I can feel that we will have great exito here in San Carlos together!!
But as for the storm it has pounded Costa Rica. Well I heard all of Central America with a lot of rain and especially in the mountains it has rained a ton and a lot of land slides that has blocked the roads but they cleaned them all up and no problems thus far so that is great!!!
I LOVED CONFERENCE TOO!!! It was so wonderful!!!! I listened to it in Spanish. I had the option to watch it in English or Spanish and I chose to listen to it in Spanish to help my Spanish more!!
Hey Casey do you have tips on how I can remember the Spanish rules or perfect my Spanish??!!
But no, I could understand it, not every word but the over all meaning I could, which was so awesome!!! I especially loved, well no, I loved ALL the talks. Seriously they were exactly what I needed to hear. The Profeta is so inspired!!! I know that He is the mouth piece of the Lord.
But I loved when Elder Holland said that parents sacrifice everything to send their children on missions and then the children sacrifice everything to bring the gospel to others. I thought that was so true because it is so true, you guys are sacrificing a lot for me to be here in Costa Rica. But I want to make you proud and my Savior proud by giving and sacrificing everything to bring this gospel, this happiness to the people in Costa Rica!! And I loved loved President Thomas Monson’s talk about gratitude!! It touched me a lot and I want to let you guys know how very grateful I am of each and everyone of you!! You are the most amazing family I know!! I am so proud to be representing my Savior and my Family here in Costa Rica!! I love you all so much and so grateful for each one of your examples to me!! I know I am the person I am because you, all of you, You have shaped who I have become and who I want to be!! Thank you for your love and support!!! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN I CAN SAY!!!
Also something that really touched me was after conference the first Sunday session they were talking about pioneers and how they sacrificed everything and they pressed forward with a steadfastness in Christ!! And they had faith in every foot step and then I remembered Sarah Ann Norris and how very brave she was and how very faithful she was to go through what she went through. That when it seemed like she couldn’t go on she did!! She had faith that no matter what happened the Lord would be with her, in every foot step and I felt her very strongly there with me in the chapel! Like she was saying, “If I could do it, you can too!!
And then I felt grandma and grandpa and I felt their Spirit with me too! And I could picture grandma and grandpa watching me. And grandma standing with her cute little hands clasped together smiling at me in her cute little fuscha pant suit and her cute little high heels and I could see grandpa in his white and blue stripped shirt and his cowboy hat and his arm bent with his finger pointing up like how it would when he would eat, and he was smiling at me! And I could hear him say, “Be up and doin!! It was a very sacred moment for me because I could feel them so close to me and I know they are helping me out!! And I want to make them proud!! I want to make all my ancestors proud because each and everyone gave their heart for this gospel and I want to do it too!! Give my all for this gospel! And when the winds of opposition and self doubt come into my mind, I want to be like Sarah Ann Norris and push through with Faith in Every Foot Step!!
I love you all so much! I hope you all know how truly special you are all to me!! Thanks for all your prayers in my behalf!!! I love you like Costa Ricans love arroz con leche!!!
Love always and forever Hermana Turnbaugh!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment