Hola mi Familia!!!
How is everyone doing this week!?! It sounds like you all have been so busy de junking the house! But how exciting that you are almost to the point of putting it up for sell!!! That is awesome!! Good for you guys and like you said Mom the things that we accumulated are just things they don’t really matter! It is the memories and the gospel that truly matter to us!! I love you all so so much. Thank you for everything!!
Yes! I love my area and my companion is awesome. She is such a great missionary!! I am learning a lot because she is an awesome teacher so I am learning different ways to teach which is such a blessing! The area is great!! It is so hot like I said!! I sweat all the time its gross!! We are working hard and trying to find new families and new people to teach. This Saturday we had a baptism. My companion and her old companion baptized the daughter but then we taught the mom and she got baptized too! It was very special. But this baptism took a lot of work. There was a lot of trials that stood in our way! But finally she was baptized and she received the Holy Ghost and she is so happy! I am glad that her and her daughter made the decision to change their lives and accept the gospel! There is no greater feeling than to see someone enter the waters of baptism!! It is the best feeing in the world!!
So the other day we had an very interesting day with one of our investigators that we couldn’t find and we were a little stressed running like crazy to find this investigator and talk to her! Well she works in a soda with her grandmother so we went to the soda to see if she was there and no she wasn’t. Then we went to her house but we got lost so after that point we were a little tired and we thought, no lets go to another appointment but then we just had a feeling, no we need to go back to the soda .So we did and as we were going up to the soda a mom and her daughter stopped us and said that about two years ago they were baptized but they haven’t been back to church. So we said we wanted to visit them and we went to their house and we found out right now in their lives they are going through hard times and the mom was wondering how they could find happiness again and she told us of when she met the Hermanas for the first time she felt that peace and happiness and she wanted it back. And then the next day we ran into her again! She said that we were angels that God put us in her path right at the right moment. And she said thank you for coming and visiting!
I learned a great lesson that day that we need, as member to take care of the less active members, because we don’t know who needs the gospel to feel the spirit again! I learned that we need to fellowship all and not let one person fall through the cracks but help them to remain active all their lives! I learned that we need to search for the less actives and bring them home, bring them back to the church! There is a song that talks about when the pioneers were stranded at Martins Cove waiting for the valley boys to come and rescue them and President Young told the valley boys to go find them and bring them home before they left. And in this song about this experience it says “ Go bring them in from the cold put your loving arms around them and bring them peace to their soul”. And when I hear this song this is exactly what we need to do to the less actives, bring them home, bring them in from the cold and put our loving arms around them and bring peace back to their souls! So try hard to talk to the less actives or people you know that maybe don’t come to church. They need the gospel they just forgot how wonderful the Spirit feels!
I love you all so much!! Thank you for your examples and you love!! Thank you for who you are I love you so so so much!!
Love always and forever
Hermana Turnbaugh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment