Costa Rica

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 10, 2011

11/9/2011

Hola mi familia!!!!


How is everyone doing!?! Thank you Brynnie and Kisscal for your letters. They mean so much to me. Thank you for giving me an update on your cute little familia‘s!!! It sounds like they are so so so big now!!! Kiss that is so awesome you ran in a half marathon. I am so proud of you that is a lot of work!!! Congrats Kiss!!! I hope and pray that these people that have looked at your home will just fall in love with the house. I pray every night that someone will buy the House!!! I know they will if we just put all our faith in Christ!!!

So I am in an area called Tres Rios (Three rivers) with another companion. Her name is Hermana Alverez. She is from Honduras and I am very happy with her!! I am glad that I am here and in a new area. There is a lot to do but it is good to have lot of work. Like dad said so I won’t get trunky! But I am not trunky yet! Sometimes I feel like I am new and that I have such a long time till I finish my mission!! LOL!! No but I am working hard and I am going to endure to the end!!! I am going to make this last week and a half the best in my mission! But yes! this area is cold. At night I sleep with two sheets, a comforter and a blanket with a jacket and socks. Exactly like you said mom, Heavenly Father is preparing me for the cold in Colorado! LOL!!! But my area is a ward and it has about 150 members that attend church. It is so weird to see that because I am used to 56 members every Sunday!

BUT GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: President called me last Friday and said that Marta and Manuel were going to be baptized on Saturday and they have asked if I could go to the baptism. And he said that I could go!!!!!! So Hermana Trejo and I went to Nicoya and we got to see the baptism of our little family!! Isn’t that awesome!!!! I almost cried because I was in the bathroom fixing my hair and just praying to my Heavenly Father. I so wish that I could go and see the baptism because at the first of my mission I promised myself that I would work so hard and baptize and family my last change and I was so sad when I had changes! But right after my prayer guess what? The phone rang and my companion answered and she said its president and he wants to talk to you! So he told me that I had permission to go to Nicoya!

It was so wonderful!! I know that my Heavenly Father knows me and knows my Heart. I was so grateful to Him that I was able to see that family enter into the waters of baptism! There is no other feeling better then when you see a family start to make covenants to the Lord and start to follow the path that leads to eternal life! And what was also amazing was that I was able to say goodbye to the members there in Nicoya! Which was so special! It was so good that I was able to go to say goodbye! Nicoya is so special to me!! I know that God loves me. I am sometimes in awe of how truly He loves me!! He knows me better than I know my self and he knows what I need even though it might not make sense in the moment. He know what I need to grow and to become better!!! I love Him so much!!!!

I am going to make this last week and a half the best week ever!!! Today we went to the temple as a zone. Tomorrow we have interviews with president and then next Wednesday I get to go again to the Temple with the group that’s going home with me. Our final time in the temple as full time missionaries. It will be very special! But there are a lot of things that are happening and that my time to work in the campo misional is so short! But I will work as hard as I can! And I will follow gramps advice and I will be up and doing!!!!

Well I love you all so much! Thank you for all your love and prayers and support always for me!! You don’t know how truly much it helps me! I love you Sigan Adelanto and we will see each other so soon!!!! I can’t wait!!

Love always and forever

Hermana Turnbaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment