Costa Rica

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 26, 2010

Kaylie's Email Monday July 26, 2010‏

Monday July 26th, 2010

Familia!!!

Oh my goodness you are the best family in the whole world. Thank you! Thank you! for your wonderful emails!! They totally made my whole day Thank you. Your words are exactly what I needed to hear. Your words strengthened me so much!! It is so wonderful to know that you are thinking and praying for me. I can truly feel your love and prayers each day!

Sorry for last weeks Email. It was just a tough week. The first week was just funny that I didn’t know Spanish then the second week, I think all I could do was cry, because I didn’t know anything! But this week has been good. Still not understanding but instead of hearing one big long word it is TWO now! LOL!!!!!
No, it really is going great and I am working hard because I know that is the only way I can truly lose myself. I want to so bad to lose myself, to became less selfish. I want to in every way possible be like Christ. He is so perfect and so loving. I am such an unprofitable servant. I feel bad that last week was so dark because Christ mortal ministry was never easy for Him and how can I think that my mission will be any different. I know it will and is hard but like you said mom and dad I can do this. Laren you are such a great brother!!! Thank you for your email it seriously helped me so much!!! I love you and congrats on graduating that is awesome!!! But I can do this it will take a lot of work and like Laren said I need to lose my pride and just talk no matter what and the people just stare at me, that is why I have a Latin companion because she can just re tell everything I just said! Right? But truly this week has been really good hard but a good hard!
We have been working on getting this couples papers so that they can get married and baptized but it has be a tough run. This morning we rode on a 2 hour bus ride to get Carlos’s papers but still no! But there is hope. We just have to get another document for him them we can get his papers. then their marriage and baptism!!!! Hopefully next month!! I know that this work is so true because it is so so so tough and if it was easy it wouldn’t be true and you have to work hard to gain salvation and I am learning that.

But the miracles I see in these peoples life is awesome. When they don’t have money for food they still pay their tithing and pay the bus fair to come to church is incredible to me. It takes so much faith and courage. I see the hand of the Lord in all things truly. Satan works hard but you know what I am going to work harder.!!!
As for the boy that gave up smoking with out a second glance still hasn’t smoked!!!!! How cool is that and he came to church this Sunday and guess what he paid his tithing and guess what he is going to be baptized on Saturday!!!! He is incredible. His heart is so soft and he told us the other night when we were there teaching him that my companion and I are angels in his life! I was so touched. I know like you said mom and dad the spirit is the one that teaches and even though I don't know this language perfectly I can still effect people.

Like yesterday we went to a members home for dinner and to get to their house you have to take an hour bus ride but anyways elders are in our area and they came too, one is a gringo and goes home in 3 weeks. But anyways he was talking to me on the bus and he told me that the Sunday I got up and bore my testimony he had an investigator there and he said that while I was up there she said that is the most beautiful thing. I can’t believe all the tender mercies that I have in my life he said that I have such an amazing spirit and that even though I can’t speak perfectly I am still teaching. I thought that was a great tender mercy in my life this week.
I love this gospel and I love my mission. Yes it is soooooooo hard but it is soooo good and the Lord knows our needs. Like we are out of money pretty much for this month but he works through people and the most random people give us food and a member in our branch gave us money for this trip. It is so true! that scripture in Matthew where the lord is talking to his disciples and he is telling them you don’t have to worry about anything when you are serving me and it is so true! tender mercies!!

As for some questions. Yes I do eat and I love the food it is a lot of rice and beans and platanos it is kind of like a great big banana but I love it!! We have a little cook and she is a member and she also does our laundry so that is nice. They eat a lot of bread here not tortillas but bread Como pan Dulche. It is good, there is nothing that I have tried that I haven’t liked oh....wait there is a drink the same drink that we had in Florida visiting Casey’s mission it is so gross but I do drink it bc people here don’t have anything and you can’t waste.

But the branch is great my companion said that this rama is the best she has had in her mission. They are so great to fellowshipping our investigators.

KISSKAL!!!! Oh my word! My sister is going to have another baby next week! oh my word oh my word!! I am so excited for you and Seth!!! You can do this Crystal and I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that your little one just cant wait to come down and be part of your eternal family!! Your the best mom ever Kiss I want to be half as good of a mom as you one day!! I love you! You will be in my prayers send me pictures of the little one! I have a feeling it is a girl but I don't know we will soon find out!!!

I love you all so much, thanks again for your emails they seriously strengthen me!! I love this gospel it is so perfect and it does change lives! Even mine and I know that the Atonement is real. I know that it is not just for my sins but also for the darkest lowest times in my life. The Atonement is what helps me get up everyday!! I love my Savior and I know that he did truly die for me and for my investigators. I love him more than I can possibly say!!! Thanks for being such amazing examples to me!!

Love always and forever Hermana Turnbaugh

Pura Vida! everyone here says this after you say Hola and Como Esta they reply Pura Vida!! I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment