Costa Rica

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kaylie's lastest e-mail!‏

Dear Familia!!!!

Oh my word!! Words cannot express how blessed I am!!! I can’t believe I am an aunt again!!! Baby Bella looks beautiful!!! Oh Course she would be, she has beautiful parent!! Oh Crystal and Seth Congrats!!! The Lord has blessed you tremendously!!!! I am so so blessed to have the family I have!!! Thanks for sending me pictures! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! It is so weird! I knew Baby Bella would be a girl. When I would pray at night I would say a prayer for Crystal and her baby girl weird huh? But I think that this baby and I have a special connection because I knew Crystal was pregnant before she told anyone the day of her birthday I knew. Oh my word!! Crystal and Seth I love you. You are such great Parents!!! Give her loves for me and tell baby Bella that I love her!!!!

So my week was wonderful!!!! YES ANTONIO was baptized on Saturday and it was wonderful! My first baptism. I cried lol!! I am a baby but when he was standing in the water I just felt so much love for him I knew he had truly came unto Christ and that Our Savior took upon him all of Antonio’s and everyone’s sins. I felt so much love and after, Antonio said he felt so perfect and so happy!! He is so great!! I am so blessed that we found him. I know he will do great things.

Then that night we had a ward activity where people would do their talents and Hermana Vega and I with our little lady that cooks for us did a little skit of little red riding hood and I was little red riding hood! it was so funny. Plus Antonio came and the members did such a great job at fellowshipping him. It was a great Saturday!!!! Then Sunday Antonio was given the most amazing gift the gift of the holy ghost. The blessing was beautiful and after he was just smiling from ear to ear. Even though this month has been hard adjusting and learning the language but when he was baptized and confirmed it was all so worth it!! I am so happy for him and Like you said mom anything that is good is hard and this is so so good!!

Yesterday why I didn’t write you is because I had my one month checkup with all the newbie’s that came in the same day as I did. With President Galvez. He was just checking if we were doing alright and if everything is good and going good for us. It was great to see President he is awesome!!! Then after the meeting he took us up the mountain in San Jose and we looked across all of Costa Rica it was awesome!! It put everything in perspective for me. This is not my work but this is Our Heavenly Fathers work and I need to love the people of Costa Rica with all of my heart. While I was standing looking down at Costa Rica I know this is where I need to be even though it is hard. I am so blessed to be here and I have seen so many miracles in my mission already. I know this Church is True and I love it. It truly makes people happy and it can change lives for ever!!!

Spanish is coming along. I can understand so much more and I took Casey’s and Laren’s advice and I just talk no matter what and it has helped. I still do get overwhelmed a little but it doesn’t stay long anymore!! I feel good.
Oh mom and dad I got your package!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! It was wonderful and I also got your dear elders too!! They were exactly what I needed!! I love the inspirational quotes and the feet insole liners they are awesome!!
Oh and guess what Shelley Lucas also sent me a package of goodies it was wonderful! Please tell her thank you for me and that I love her!!

This week is alot of work. The elders and us both have a wedding and baptism this Saturday and Sunday. Our little family we have been working with for a while and they finally got their papers!!! And so Thursday or Friday they are going to get married and baptized on Sunday!!!! This family is so cute and so poor and they are giving up everything to get married and baptized a lot of money but they know the church is true and they want to be baptized. This family is a family of 5 and the mom and dad and two of their sons are going to be baptized. The Lord is so wonderful I know that it is because of Him that they received their papers. It is so incredible to me that this family is making the first step of becoming a forever family. This gospel is so perfect! This family can and will be together for ever!!! So pray for Eugenio and his wife Antonia this week!! They are greatt!! And the member are helping out so much because they are sooo poor and they bought them rice and other food so that they can feed their family. The Lord provides for everything. I have seen that first hand because at the end of the month we hardly had anymore for food or anything but people would give us food. I think I ate more these last two weeks that I have when I first got here. I truly know the Lord loves his missionaries and he provides for them. It is such a blessing! I see the Lords hand in all things.

Also in our area we are getting a senior couple the Durfrees and they are here for a couple of days finding a place to live, they dont know spanish at all, so I have been their translator and I am amazed how much the Lord has blessed me with Spanish. That I can communicate to the members and then to them it is awesome. I know that if I dont think about myself and think about others The lord blesses us.
I love you all so much!! I miss you all! Keep praying for me!!! Pray for the cute little family!! I know this Church is True I know and testify that Christ lives and he loves us so perfectly!!! Thanks for all your love and support I feel it everyday!! Thank you Casey for your letters! Keep doing that. It helps me so much!
Thank you all for supporting and Loving me!

Love always and forever!!
Hermana Turnbaugh

PURA VIDA!!!
NO REGRETS!!!!
Ps Mom did Laren have the address for those scripture covers?
PSS I love you more than a Costa Rican loves rice and beans and that is a lot!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment