Hola Familia!!!
Happy Halloween Yesterday!!! Or Happy Dia de Brujas Aqui!!! But they don’t celebrate Halloween here. They all think it is very satanic so nobody celebrates it. But I did get your cute package and we put up the Halloween stickers and last night I put on the Halloween socks you sent me!!! And I love the shirts! They are so so so cute! So thank you very much!!!!! And I put up the glow in the dark stickers which are so cute. So thank you! It totally made my Halloween!!! But it sounded like you had a fun Halloween. I wish I could have been there and saw all your cute costumes!! Pictures!!!!
As for my week it was pretty good!! We worked hard all week and on Saturday there was a Relief Society activity with carne asada and we invited our investigator Luz. I think she had fun but the sad thing is not a lot of the women talked to her which I dont know why? It was a little discouraging. So, if ever, there are new people in the ward or investigators please please talk to them even if you don’t know what to say, just try! Because that could make or break their church experience!! So she said that she would come to church but when we went to pick her up she was really sick so hopefully she will come next week and her younger brother Jonny didn’t come as well to church because he had to work but he was so sad that he had to miss it! We put a baptismal goal with him for this Saturday. So we are going to go all this week and prepare him for that. So hopefully he will feel through the Spirit that this is the right way. He has said that he received an answer and that is why he goes to church because he says it feels so good and he knows it is true!! And then we went and checked on him last night and his mom was there. She sat and listened and she had a lot of questions and she said that lately she has been praying really hard to know which church or which way is the Lords way. Which church is true? Because she is so confused on why there are so many different churches on the earth today! And she said a lot of different missionaries and pastors lately have come by her house but she said that none of them felt good to her and she would never let them back. But she said I really like you guys and I feel good when you come to my house and teach my children. So we told and testified that It was the Spirit, helping her to feel that way! Because this the Lords way and he wants you to be happy!! And I could just feel the Spirit so strong testifying that this is true and that she has found the truth! And now she wants to learn more!!! Isn’t that so cool! This family is so awesome!!! I love them! It is a family of 8!! So how amazing if they all would want to be baptized and become a forever family and have happiness not just for now put for eternity!!!
Ahh I love this gospel I can’t even explain how wonderful and how much it can change a persons life only if they let the Spirit touch their hearts! We are going to work so hard with this family!! I just hope I get to see them enter in the waters of baptism before I get transferred because I don’t know but I just feel that I will be transferred this change, so in like a week! But nothing is certain but I am pretty sure my comp. will train because she leaves in December!! So I wish I knew what will happen? It is so hard not to know until two days before changes but I will let you know what happens!!
So tomorrow we are going to San Jose for a big meeting because a member of the Seventy is coming to speak to us. I am so excited about that. I am not sure who it is but I know it will be a very special experience!!
Oh and did I tell you that I had interviews with President Galvez again! And it was awesome! I just love him. He is such a special man! When I got in there he said, “tell me about your area and everything, problems and all”. And I expressed that last week was tough for me with my Spanish and I was telling him all this in Spanish, then after 15 min he stopped me and said “how many words in english did you say in the last 15 min? I looked at him and said none and he said see Hermana you know Spanish! Your on your way and I understood everything! That made me feel so great!! He is so in tune with the Spirit and he said even if you feel scared and frightened just speak and the Spirit will testify for you because it is not me that is speaking it is the Spirit! That interview really made me feel good!!
Oh and today as a zone we went to a waterfall which was so beautiful!! It was in an area called Graciea and we had a blast! I have some pictures that I am sending you!
But I love you all and I am so thankful for each and everyone of you in my life!! I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for this perfect gospel!! I am so thankful for prayer and how real it is! It is a way for us to talk to our Father, our Father in Heaven!!! I love Him and I am so thankful to be serving a mission!! I would not change this time in my life for anything!!
I love you!!!
Love always and forever!!
Hermana Turnbaugh




















No comments:
Post a Comment