Hola mi Quierido Familia!!!
How is everyone!?! I am so glad that you mom and dad made it to Parowan safely!! And are having a fun time fixing up Grandma and Grandpas house! That is so great you are doing that Grandma would be so tickled to get all new things and Grandpa would say the house doesn’t need it but he would be tickled inside too!! But tell me how is Adam my cousin is? And tell him that he needs to write me or else and yes that is a threat!! LOl!!
And give Laren and Lindsey a huge hug for me when they get to Parowan! Tell them how much I love and miss them!!
And Brynnie, how exciting you are so close and a new baby will bless our family once more!! I will be praying for you and the baby k? Love you and miss you all!!!
So this week has been a toughie!! I have been so so so sick I haven’t felt this sick for quite a while!! They said I might have rompe huesos, no say what that is but it is when your body aches so bad and you have a fever and a really horrible so throat! And yes I have all of the above! I am feeling a little better but I have such a nasty cough and my chest is tight but I know that the Lord is looking out for me and I will get better soon. I just feel that this cambio the Lord is trying my faith, and the Elders came over to give me a blessing and in the blessing it said that this is a trail of your faith with my sickness and my companion but I am learning so much! But we have got closer through my sickness because she has been really worried about me. I know how much she cares for me! So this sickness has been a blessing in disguise. So, this week we haven’t really been able to work really hard because I have been just so sick but we have gone to our cita in spite of it all and my companion says I am stubborn because I feel so bad just laying in my bed when we have this new area. I just feel like I have my hands tied but hopefully this coming week I feel even better and we can get back to work like normal.
But I had a very spiritual experience this week. So in our ward there is a cute little old couple they are about 86 and the wife is very sick and she can’t talk anymore but she understands everything. So on Thursday I felt like we should visit them so we did and when we to their house and his wife was laying in her bed half asleep but when we came in her eyes opened and I went over to her and took her hand and smiled and said hello and just looked into her eyes. Then she was trying to say something but I couldn’t understand. So we sang her a hymn and I picked “How Great thou Art” and we sang it and the whole time she was just staring into my eyes and the whole time I was staring into hers. And then after we shared a scripture which is in 1 nefi 21: 13 -16, and after I could just feel the spirit so so strong and as I was baring my testimony I couldn’t help but cry and her husband was crying too and I looked at her and I just said even though she isn’t able to talk she is speaking through her spirit because the spirit speaks to spirit. She is such a special lady that was a very special moment for me and a very spiritual experience for me because even though she couldn’t speak I could hear her perfectly and her saying what we were saying was true! I am very blessed I had that experience! It meant a lot to me!!
So we were going to have a baptism and marriage this Saturday but they want to move it to December 4 but President wants use to fulfill our goal this Saturday so we are not sure what we are going to do because they said that the 4th is better. But if the Lord wants them to be married and baptized this Saturday it will happen! We are going to fast to know what we should do!
But El Jardin is truly great, the members are so eager to work with us and give us references! So that is a blessing. We are really working with the members because it is so much better to work with them because then our investigators already have a friend! I am not sure though if I will be here for much longer we only have 3 more weeks in this cambio and it is hard to believe I am an older missionary. They need older missionaries to be with the younger ones so I am not sure if once again I will have a new companion but either way it will be what the Lord wants!
(You can share this when you share your testimony up at the cabin!)
I love you all am I am so thankful for you all!!! Have the best thanksgiving ever because next year just remember I get to have the turkey leg!! LOL!!! I love you thanks for all your love and support! I want you all to know that each and every one of you is so special to me! I want you to know how thankful I am to have this gospel in my life and that I get to have this very sacred and special opportunity to wear my Saviors name on my chest and testify of him to a world that needs him more than ever!! I know that it is true with every fiber of my being! I am so truly blessed I am able to share this beautiful message with everyone here in Costa Rica and testify that the Lord vive and He loves us and that his gospel is restored! I am so thankful for the prophet Joseph Smith and his courage to follow the spirit and to get on his knees and pray to our loving heavenly father. I am so thankful that through him the priesthood is back on the earth what a beautiful sacred power it is that every worthy man can be able to hold this sacred power and through it bless the lives of others! I am thankful for my forever family that if we all live worthily we can and will live forever with our Father in Heaven and his beloved Son again. I want this more than anything!! I love you, have the best turkey day ever and eat so so much thanksgiving turkey!! I love you, tell everyone hi and I love them and that the CHURCH IS TRUE AND CHRIST LIVES AND BY HIM AND THROUGH HIM EVRYTHING IS POSSIBLE!! I know and testify that Christ lives that he loves us with the purest love there is and he love us so much that he would die for us, He didn’t have to but He did because He loves us!!! I know His hand is in all things and He is the light and life of the world and when our life gets dark and we can’t understand why we have trails and hardship but we need to always look to the light of the world and that through Him we will be able to find true happiness a happiness that will never fade away!!! I love you all thanks for everything you do for me!!!!
Love always and forever
Hermana Turnbaugh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment