Oh my Hermosa Familia!!! I am so blessed to have all of you in my life!! I am so glad that everyone is healthy and happy!! What a wonderful time of year this is to think more on our Saviors Birth! This time is about Him! Yes, Santa Claus is fun and presents are great, but the True Reason is our Savior!
I know it will be hard not to be there with you all but I know why I am here! To tell of the Good Tidings and Great Joy that Christ can and does bring!! So I am going to look at this Christmas as the best Christmas that I will ever have, because I will not be able to get this back ever!! And I am glad I can spend one Christmas as a Missionary!! If you think about it, it is very special!
So I have some information about how it will work on Christmas Day! I think now you are an hour behind us, here in Costa Rica, right? Ok! so what the rules are in the mission is……………………………….................. So make sure you call that number ok!!!
But as for me I am doing good!! This week was tough! Pretty much all our citas this week fell through so it was so so so hard but its ok what goes down must come up!? So hopefully this week will be better than the last. A lot of people here say December is so hard to have citas, because everyone is with family and out of their houses and having parties. But I know that the Lord will bless us and all will be ok!!
I am learning so much in my mission and that is to have Faith!! Faith in my Savior and put my entire life in his hands. At times I think I can do it all by myself, but I can’t! I am nothing without my Savior and His direction. I am learning to have more Faith in Him. I never thought it would be so hard but I think that is why we are here is to learn to have more Faith and to realize in this life we are here by Faith! I am glad for this time of hardship in my mission because I am learning at times I don’t like the person who I am when I am facing something hard. But I am trying to better myself and learn to have Faith and Hope in all things!! I do feel as if I am going through the refiners fire and at times it hurts but it is what I need. It hurts to be stripped of your selfishness! Selfishness is horrible and when we are selfish we are nothing. I am glad that I am with a companion that she is teaching me this principle of putting others first and their feelings. I am far far from perfect but I know the things I need to change to be a more loving person!
But here it is so so cold I have to wear a jacket all day! I thought Costa Rica was really hot! nope! LOL! It is cold, well it is hot in certain places, but in San Jose it is cold!
So yes my area is very much the city. We are outside of San José about 20 mins so it is very city like! There is nothing but houses in my area! But I do like it. The members are great and my Bishop is awesome!! And yes the elders that are my liders are awesome!! We get along really well!! Combios are this Friday. I don’t know if I have changes or not. I don’t think I do but my companion feels like she will. So we don’t know. I will probably know tomorrow!
So guess what a recent convert, not of mine, but in San Carlos got her mission call to Peru and she went through the Temple Saturday. I wanted to go so bad, so my zone liders said I could go but they said it is your decision and what is best for the work and your investigators? So I felt bad and I didn’t go but all day Saturday, all I mean all, our citas fell through! So I felt so bad that I missed the temple trip to go with her, her first time. And I am wondering what was the lesson I needed to learn from this experience because I thought I was doing the right thing by not going and working and trying to get our investigators to church but then all my citas fell and I didn’t teach a single lesson that day! It was horrible! But I know that all things happen for a reason? and I need to have a stronger perspective not just in the here and now but in the long run as well!
But I love living with 2 other sisters. It makes it not so boring and it is awesome to have more people to talk to!! So I am loving it! It is truly a blessing in my life right now!!!
Well, I love you all! I am not sure when I am able to write again so I might not until the 23rd because I think that is p day but I am not sure but if not I will be talking to you all on the 25th whoop whoop!! I am so so so excited!!!!!
I love you all!!
Love always and forever
Hermana Turnbaugh
Kaylie eating her Thanksgiving Dinner



















No comments:
Post a Comment