So Casey I have to tell you this story but you cant tell mom she will freak out. I alluded to it in my email to her but defiantly didn’t tell details but I have to tell you what happened before I pop!!
So this Thursday about 8: 40pm my companion and I were walking home from our cita and as we were walking I saw two young guys about 17 years old on bikes they noticed us and I could tell they were talking about us! And then we turned the corner as well and they were following us. We were against the back side of a house and they cornered us up against the wall they said give us your bags and your cell phones. I was trying to play a dumb gringa and I keep saying que? and they asked again and again. I said que? and then he started to get mad a little and he reached into his pocket and said Te queres ir conmigo!! I said QUE? Then the other said do you speak English in English? And I don’t know it was weird but I had a peace come over my whole body Casey and I started to talk to them as if they were my best friends. I said you speak English? That is so awesome! Good for you and I asked them where they learned it and after I showed this love to them they changed! And I said, I can teach you a little and then I said my name is Hermana Turnbaugh and I am a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. But all in spanish and then they said wait you both are missionaries and I said yes and they said so you have bibles in your pack backs? Then I said yes and I also have another book that is very special to me and I pulled out the libro de Mormon and I testified of it! And I said I want to give this to you two and I said you are both very special to our Heavenly Father and maybe you two like to ride on your bikes and scare people but I know that you are different and this Gospel can change your lives for the better.
I kept testifying and in the meantime my companion has been behind me the whole time shaking with fear and I pulled her to my side and said everything is ok! And they apologize and said we comete errores and I said it is fine because all of us are not perfect but through Jesus Christ we can be! It was awesome Casey but the funny part of it all was they said seriously out here is dangerous and you shouldn’t be walking at night alone. In my head I was just laughing. Yeah, thanks for telling us when you wanted to rob us earlier! But they turned out to be good guys, they are just lost. But I said you are my friends now and that means a lot so that means I have your back and you have mine! And they said of course, that they will be watching out for us. They said they wanted to come to church but they didn’t this Sunday but no matter what happens with them it is a great story to tell my grandkids. You can share this with mom if you think it won’t freak her out! Maybe just leave out the part when they said they wanted to take away my life if I didn’t give them my bags!
But it was a cool teaching moment and in my heart I knew I was going to be ok! And I told them, I know God put you two in my path tonight because he wants you to know that he loves you!!
It was awesome because I was totally speaking all in Spanish whoop whoop!!
Well I love you case!!! Love you little Hermana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment