Costa Rica

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4/11/2011

Hola mi familia Hermosa!!


HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER DEAR! HAPPY DAYS WILL COME TO YOU ALL YEAR! IF I HAD A WISH THEN IT WOULD BE! HAPPY HAPPY DAY TO YOU FROM ME!! Oh Tanny my little Manny!! I hope you had the best birthday ever!! I thought about you all day long on Sunday!! And I sang happy birthday to you here in Costa Rica!! I love you Tanner. You are so very special to me and to your loving Heavenly Father!! I am so blessed to have you as my cute little nephew!! I hope everyone had such a good week! It sounded like Tanner had a special birthday party! So cute he chose Star Wars! LOL! So like little Tanner how truly special he is. I just love him!!

It sounds like everyone is very busy! Working and baseball and taking care of little kids! But how truly blessed we are that we can work and have things to do! It reminds me of Grandpa and his cute saying, “LET US BE UP AND DOING!”. How truly smart my Grandpa is! We feel better about ourselves when we are working and we have things to do! LOL (WOW Dad this is what you said all my life and now I am understanding it! LOL!!) But it is so true! Idle hands are very dangerous! That is when people get into trouble! I see it so much with my investigators when they are not busy or doing the things that they should be doing it is so much easier for Satan to come in and tempt them! So let us always, in the words of the best Grandpa ever, Let us be Up a Doing!!!

This week we have worked hard! We have really focused on working with less actives and recent converts! This rama has a lot of potential but the rama is a little disseminated. So we have been going around and visiting less actives, recent converts and members! To lift them up and make them feel needed and important! We have seen great things by doing this and the attendance was high this Sunday! Seriously I love the Mission because I love not thinking about myself! I love thinking about others! I remember when we were in Utah and I called Laren to say goodbye for the last time and I remember he said Kaylie love your mission! Enjoy this time in your life. A time to not think about yourself and to think about other! It is awesome to focuses on someone other than myself!

We had a meeting with President on Tuesday which was awesome!! President Galvez is pretty much amazing. He is so close to the Spirit and knows how to help us and this Mission grow!! They say that because of him we are one of the highest baptizing missions in Central America and that is awesome because before him we weren’t that great. But he is awesome!! I feel peace and love when I am around him and the most amazing thing is he remembers the names of our investigators and their problems and is so willing to help them in any way he can!! Some times he remembers their names better than I can! LOL! No just kidding!!

OH GUESS WHAT!?!...... I don't know if I told you but this Wednesday Elder Hinckley is going to be here in Costa Rica!! Elder Hinckley is the son of Prophet Gordon B Hinckley!! He is over all missions in all the world and he is going to be here and is going to talk to our mission!! How awesome is that? It is such a blessing in our lives to hear him. He has helped with Preach my Gospel and all other things to do with missionary work!! So I am so excited to hear him!!!

Jaclyn and Ronald haven’t got their papers yet but he has a step father here and he said that he can adopt him. So that would mean that Ronald would change his last name to his step fathers last name and he can then be a Costa Rican resident! He wants to do it because he said that his step father is his father. He didn’t know his real father! And they said that it does not take long to do this. It is just waiting for the step father to know when he can go to San Jose and meet with a lawyer! So hopefully it will go through and they can get married before I have changes because think I will have changes because I have been here in this area for 4 months now! And we have a 3 some! But I don’t know? I hope not because I want to be with Hermana Martinez another change!! But we will see. I still have 2 more weeks!!

I love you all!!! I want you to all know how much I love and admire you all!! I love this Gospel. I love that I am able to serve a mission! I am so glad that I didn’t let my fears and doubts stop me from being here because it is truly the best thing I could have ever done!! I love my life! I love my Savior! He is my best friend and I am so proud that I get to represent Him for these 18 months of my life!! I love you all!!

Love always and forever

Hermana Turnbaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment