Costa Rica

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hello Helen,
Kent and I went to church in the Nicoya branch today. We got to see Hermana Turnbaugh again. She came down with Dengue which is similar to Mono. It's usually transmitted through a mosquito bite and takes as long as 8 days to hit after being bitten. She is very tired and the President has her checking her platelet levels daily at the laboratorio in Nicoya. She has been in the healthy range so far but if her levels fall to the lower end of the safe range the Presidente is going to have her come to San Jose and stay in the mission home until she has recovered. Symptoms are similar to Mono (tired, muscle and joint aches, body feels cold even in 100+ degree weather) She's taking great care of herself and her companion is also a great source of comfort. We told them to call us at the hotel if they need a quick ride to San Jose over the next few days. As a mom I just wanted to you to know that she got a hug today and that she is doing OK.
She wanted me to tell you that she loves and misses you. She wishes that she could get a helping of chicken soup over mashed potatoes:)

Hermana Turnbaugh is a great missionary and her spirit is felt by all those with whom she works. The members of the branch, her ZL, her companion, and I can all testify to how hard she works. The spirit is her companion and she is doing a great work in Nicoya.

Amber Burgess
_______________________________________________________________________________
Helen,
Hola - I served in Costa Rica on my mission in 1993-1995 and my wife and I are here on vacation. We spent the day in Nicoya and I showed Amber where I lived and where the church used to be. We called the ZL in Liberia and he gave us the phone number for the Elderes y las Hermanas so we called them up and took them out to lunch:) Amber and I thought you might like a picture of Sister Turnbaugh(Kaylie) and her companion Hermana Lozano. We moved from the Castlewood Canyon ward in Parker out to Southern California in January so it was fun to run into someone from 'just up the road'.
Have a great week!
Kent and Amber Burgess

No comments:

Post a Comment