Costa Rica

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 18, 2011

3/16/2011


Oh Mi Querida Familia!!


How is everyone this week!?! I hope you are all happy and doing so so well!!

So you are all probably dying to know if José, who has 92 years was baptized this Saturday??? and.......................YES!!!!! He was!!! It was so special! It was a true miracle that he did!!

So it was so cute when we went to go get him on Saturday for his baptism he was wearing a cute little white shirt and he was so excited for his baptism! Well, it was the most different baptism I have ever seen! So he can’t walk up right because his back hurts him so he wasn’t able to be baptized from the back but he did from the front. Because that was the only way he would be able to be baptized! And two elders had to help him. So one helped him go under and the other said the blessing! We had to do it 2 times because the first time he didn’t fully go under! But he was such a good sport and after he came up from the water he said, “What else do I have to do?”. It was so cute. Then on Sunday he received the Holy Ghost and he wore a white shirt and tie! So handsome!!! But he can’t come every Sunday but he will every other Sunday so that is good! But he always takes my hand and says will you be right behind me when we go to the cemetery. And when he says that I want to cry! And I just look into his eyes and say yes I promise! He is so special to me!!

So we didn’t have changes!!!! BUT................................................................. we are now in a trio!!!! Can you believe that!!!! So last week President said that we were going to have 2 other girls be living with us. So we thought, oh that is great! But then we got a call Monday and said there was a problem with one of the missionaries and she wasn’t able to come for this change so we were put into a threesome. I am a little nervous just because the Hermana that is now with us she has more time than I have but I am mayor compenera so I am a little nervous that, that might cause problems. But I know that God has a plan and a reason for everything!! And I am not sure if we will stay in a trio for the whole change or if they will send a mini missionary or a Hermana will come in a little later! So I am not sure!! We will see what happens! But we will work hard no matter what!!

I am just so thankful that I am with my hija!! So it doesn’t matter if we have another Hermana! I am with my companion one change mas!! Because I just love her! She is awesome!!

The new Hermana with us, her name is Hermana Arazu and she is from Honduras. She is very nice so I honestly don’t think we will have a problem it just feels weird to have 2 companions and not just one but I will learn and grow right?! But I am sad. Our district lider, he had changes. He was so great to us and helped us out so much but we have a new one and he is from here Costa Rica!!! So hopefully this change will be good!

We have a baptism this Saturday for one of our investigators whose name is Melanie she is 17. Her aunts are members but her parents, no! But she wants to be baptized!! So it will be a special day for her on Saturday!

I love the mission. I am learning so much about me and most importantly about my Savior. Everyday I learn a little bit more about the Atonement and the pure love of Christ! I want with all my heart and soul to be more like my Savior!! I want to love as he loved!! And do the things that he would have me do! I am so thankful for this time in my life!! I know that it is so short so I need to disfrutar every moment of it!!! I love you all! I am so thankful I was born into this family!! I am so thankful for your love and support!!

Thank you for everything!!

I love you always and forever!

Hermana Turnbaugh!

P.sSOh my world that is so so so sad what happened to Japan! How are the missionaries over there? Are they ok!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment