How is everyone doing this week!?! I hope everyone is happy and doing so well!!!!
Casey! Happy Happy Birthday on Sunday!!! I hope you will have the best birthday ever!!! I love you so much! You are such an amazing example to me!! Te quiero un monton!! Yo espero que usted tenga un dia muy espeacial con la familia! Y usted necisita comer Helado y queque por mi!! Usted es increible Case gracias por su amor y ejemplo. yo quiero servir mi mision como usted servio suyo con amor por la gente!!! Feliz cumpleano Hermano!!
So this week was so good!! We had 2 baptisms!!!!!! With Melanie and Abril they are sisters! Abril said that she wasn’t going to be baptized but we found out that she was just scared to talk to her mom and ask her permission, so we talked to her and gave her a little courage and she asked her mom and so both sisters got baptized. It was a wonderful baptism!! Their parents are not members so we are going to work hard with them and hopefully they to will want to be baptized also! But the sad thing was my companion wasn’t there! So her visa expired and she was really illegal. If the police would have stopped her she would have gone to jail. So President called and said that she had to go back to Nicaragua and then re enter into the country. Then the government could see that she left and then it gives her another 30 days for the office to fix the problem with her visa. But the thing is she had to go by her self to San Jose and then the secretaries in the office they drove her to Nicaragua! So she missed her second baptism. It was sad for her but she is such a good sport! But now her papers are ok! But I am truly so close with her, that when she left I was so sad! I felt I was missing my best friend!!
The trio is working out! I was nervous but it is going well! Our other companion is Hermana Arzu. She is from Honduras but she said her grandparents are from a little island really close to Africa! But she is really nice and we don’t have any problems! So that is a blessing! But I feel that we won’t be a trio for to long only for a little while but who knows, we are just working hard!
Today for P~dAY we went to the beach. It was so beautiful! It is about 45 minutes away by bus. It is called Playa Dominical! We went with our district. It was fun to do something different! But I got a lot of sun!! So I have some pretty cute pictures!!
So I am almost done with Jesus the Christ. I love that book so so much!! I just got done reading the part about when Christ first talks to Mary Magdalene after he was resurrected. And she was so so so sad that her Lord and Master wasn’t in the tomb. And when Christ was behind her and he spoke just a few words she knew it was him without even looking at Him and when she looked at Him for the first time she was so overwhelmed with love that she wanted to embrace him! As I read this part I was overcome with love! Sometimes in our lives we are like Mary. We might not know where is Christ but when we search for him we realize that He is always here with us and when he calls our name we know that it is him just by His gentle promptings to our heart. I felt as if I was Mary reading this part and I could feel and see myself as her! That I could feel the sorrow and the pain of having my beloved Savior not be in the tomb and then I felt Him call to me... I felt him say “Why do thou weepest?” and I could feel the overwhelming love that I felt when I turned around and He was there in front of me with his arms opened for me.
He that once was dead was now living! I can not explain to you all how much I love my Savior. I want one day to run to Him as he calls my name and embrace Him! He has been here with me every part in my mission. He has been here when I felt like I was alone but I know with every fiber of my being that He lives!!! And that He loves us! With a love we don’t hardly even know!! I am so thankful for this time in my life! At times I feel as if like Laren said I am living my little part of Gethsemane and then bearing a little piece of the cross but through these times I feel so close to my Savior and Redeemer!
I hope as April comes and we prepare ourselves for Easter, that we can all remember the great love God has for us that He sent His Son to die for us and more importantly that lives for us!!
I love you all so so so much!!
Love always and forever
Hermana Turnbaugh





















No comments:
Post a Comment