Costa Rica

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3/29/2011

Hola Mi Hermosa Familia!!


Como Estan!?! Yo les amo un monton!!! Ustedes son increibles y feliz cumpleanos mi Hermano otra vez!!! That is so awesome Mom that you made pupusas!!! I love them! They are sooo good!! You are little Latinos now!! LOL!! I am glad that you had such a good Sunday and birthday! I hope that Crystal and her cute little family is feeling better! I hope everyone is doing well! And I hope that Laren is loving fire academy. I know he will do great because he is superman lol!! Oh I love you all so so much!!!

This week was really good! It went by so so so fast! Seriously time is flying bye. I can’t believe that it is going to be April this week! Time does fly when you are having fun!! lol!! Yes! It is fun and I am loving it! Yes there are times of sadness but not sadness for me but for the people that could be so happy but they turn away from it! That is what is hard!

But our companionship is doing really well! I am really enjoying it and I am learning a lot too! This week I have taught so much English! A member is in an English class here in the city but her teacher speaks so fast and she doesn’t understand, so I have been helping her. And then on Thursday she brought some of her classmates as well. They aren’t members but I was able to bear my Testimony to them in English. They asked me questions like, how do you know that there is a God? or why are you serving a mission? And I was able to bear my Testimony in English. But it was so hard because all the time here I bear my testimony in Spanish, so it felt weird, but it was a very neat experience. Because one girl she is about 19 she really thought it was beautiful and she wants us to go to her house and teach her more, so it was special to share with her! Also there is a new family that lives here but they are from Guatemala and they are living here only for a year, but they are a family of 8!!! They are very very evangeliclos but they are such an awesome family. They are Mormons but just not officially! We say they are Mormons secos! But they have asked if I could help their son in English and I have and as I am teaching him English my companions are teaching the parents! We are hoping and praying that they will feel of the Spirit and want to learn more. They came to church once but haven’t returned. But we are going to work really hard with them!!! So English is turning out to be a really good thing!

Also this week we found a really awesome mom and her 10 year old son! She has had a a lot of problems in her life but she is searching for the truth and yesterday she came to church and she cried during the Sacrament. My companion asked her what is wrong? And she said with a smile, I dont know why I am crying! Then we testified that it was the Spirit testifying that this is True! We have a cita with her tomorrow! But experiences like that are so special and that she could feel the Spirit so strongly! Because it wasn’t anything that we said, or what other people said, but it was the Spirit testifying to her that what she was feeling was True! And she also loved that in the church that everyone is able to take the sacrament! We told her yes! because the sacrifice of Jesus Christ is for everyone not just a select few but to all that are willing to follow Christ!

The Sacrament is so special to me. It is a time when I feel so close to my Heavenly Father. A time when I can receive personal revelation from my Heavenly Father and receive repuestas a mi orraciones! It is a time when I can think of my Savior and Redeemer and remember that he Died for me and that he Lives for me!! I hope that everyone, during the Santa cena, can have a truly Spiritual experience and feel of Gods loves and the love of Jesus Christ!

Jose is doing well. He wasn’t able to go to church. He isn’t feeling that well so he wasn’t able to come. He is tired, his poor little body is tired too! But he is so awesome! He always reads the Book of Mormon and he loves it! Especially the words of Mormon. I dont know why but he loves the words of Mormon and when he picks up the Book of Mormon he always says the Book of Mormon Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Que va! LOL!!! But he is so very special to me!! He just makes me want to cry because I know that he has found the truth and he knows that he has found the truth. He was so sad that he couldn’t go to church but he said that if he feels better he will come this week!! So hopefully he will!!

Melanie and Abril are doing to great!! They are loving church and on Saturday they came to the Young Women’s broadcast! They want to do all the things correctly and receive their young women’s medallion! I know they are both truly converted!!

I love this gospel so so much! I know that it is perfect because Christ is perfect!! I know that He lives and I know that this is His Church!! I am so thankful for the Profeta Joseph Smith that he had the courage to follow God no matter what other people said! I am so thankful that we have a Living Profeta that we are able to listen to this Saturday and Sunday. I am so excited to listen to his counsel!! I love you all! I hope you all know how truly special you all are to me!! Thanks for everything!!

Love always and forever Hermana Turnbaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment